Thursday, February 2, 2012

Finding Lost Keys

Before I begin my formal discussion of one of today's wonderful moments, I have to acknowledge the wonderfulness that is the video of Kristen Bell freaking out about a sloth. This miraculous video has gone viral. I watched it last night and had to watch it again today.

There are few things in life that are as strange as watching a grown human behave unabashedly like a child. I admire this. Cheers, Kristen. You seriously love sloths. And I love you for that.

Has Kristen seen the video "baby sloths being bathed?" I hope so.

I'm trying to think of what my 'sloth' is, ya know? What is your 'sloth?' What do I flip out about and cry over because I am SO excited? I can only think of chihuahua puppies.

And now for today's wonderful moment: finding not one but TWO sets of lost keys. (I understand that by sharing this, I am letting everyone know how absentminded I can be. But I am OK with that.)


For the past few weeks I have been using a copy key to get into my apartment (I made it at the beginning of the year for just this purpose). But the loss of my keyring meant that I also lost the keys to the mailbox and laundry room. This is what really hurt. Luckily I had recently done a batch of laundry before I lost the keyring, but in recent days I have been aching for more clean clothing options. I have been searching for the elusive keyring since the day I lost it. To no avail.

But today, while I was scrambling to get myself ready to leave the apartment to go to a singing lesson, I randomly looked in a bag that was laying on the couch. And the keyring was at the bottom of the purse. 

JOY.

Then when I parked my car, I decided to clean the interior a bit before heading to the lesson. I snaked my hand under the passenger seat to retrieve trash, and found ANOTHER SET OF LOST KEYS.

BIG JOY.

This was the first set of keys I had lost way earlier in the year. The keyring with the cupcakes was actually a replacement.

So I am feeling great right now, mainly because I can go do some laundry.

Everybody wins.



6 comments:

LINDA said...

Cool post!!

xoxo

Linda from www.moonon.com

Hena Tayeb said...

The video of Kristin was seriously awesome.. made my heart her even more!

Sazi Efionayi said...

hello darling,following right back,cool post


http://sazistopsecret.blogspot.com/2012/02/sunny.html

Le Jardin said...

interesting post!

visit, leave your mark, follow?
http://kagglejardin.blogspot.com

Jenna Hughes said...

cutest key ring holders! in one of my recent posts i show a hello kitty one

http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com/

Dress and Dish: Lana said...

ha ha I re-play the Kirsten Bell freak out moment! It was so sweet and funny. Cool blog.